SNMP cyrus monitoring.

Scott Adkins adkinss at ohio.edu
Thu Jan 23 12:55:32 EST 2003

Taking a stab in the dark, do you have an SNMP server running on the
machine?  If you have the snmp tools installed, then check chkconfig
with the following command to see if you got the service configured
to start at boot time.  Before you turn on the snmp service via the
/etc/init.d scripts, make sure that you have it configured properly
(I am thinking in terms of access control).  Anyways, that is my
stab in the dark guess ;)

Oh, you will have to restart your cyrus server after you start the
snmp server, that way, cyrus will initialize properly with the snmp
server and start sending it stats.

Scott

--On Thursday, January 23, 2003 12:36 PM -0500 Jared Watkins

      Scott W. Adkins                http://www.cns.ohiou.edu/~sadkins/
   UNIX Systems Engineer                  mailto:adkinss at ohio.edu
        ICQ 7626282                 Work (740)593-9478 Fax (740)593-1944
     PGP Public Key available at http://www.cns.ohiou.edu/~sadkins/pgp/