SNMP cyrus monitoring.

Jared Watkins jwatkins at snowcrash.homeip.net
Sat Jan 25 19:43:20 EST 2003

Christian Schulte wrote:

> Jared Watkins schrieb:
>
>> Hmmm...  Well I ran the snmpconf perl script and allowed public read
>> access in snmpd.conf.. but when I try to walk the enterprises tree I
>> don't see any cyrus stuff there... in fact.. I don't get any results
>> if I use enterprises.anything.  Do I need to give the cyrus user
>> permission to write to snmp somehow?   Is there a config option in
>> cyrus.conf  that is not there by default?
>>
>> Cyrus is not logging anything about attempting to connect to snmp and
>> snmpd is not logging any errors...  I don't know what to look for
>> here...  can anyone shed some light?  How do the cyrus stats become
>> known to snmpd?
>>
>> I'm almost snmp clueless...
>> Jared
>

> By the way:
>
> Did you copy master/CYRUS-MASTER.mib to /usr/local/share/snmp/mibs ?

Ahh... no I had missed that file...  but.. in the mean time I also
discovered that cyrus was not picking up the snmp libs when I compiled
it... even though they were there and I'd specified it on the configure
line.  So I updated the snmp libs.. with a src rpm and then cyrus saw
the libs.. but would not compile.  I had a similar error to that other
thread... I'm on redhat 7.2 here.

That's as far as I got with it so far..  I'm loosing interest in snmp...
 =[  If I see some answers in the compile problem thread I'll try
them... otherwise I'm done with this for now.

jared