Removing user doesn't remove sieve scripts

Ken Murchison ken at oceana.com
Fri Jan 24 17:01:16 EST 2003

Roland Rosenfeld wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I just noted, that removing a user removes
> - mail/<HASH>/user/<username>
> - user/<HASH>/<username>.seen
> - quota/<HASH>/user.<username>
>
> but sieve/<HASH>/<username> with all the files in it still persists.
> Is there any option or trick to automate removing this directory on
> user deletion, or do I have to write a cleanup mechanism to remove
> this directory by hand?

What version of Cyrus?  Auto-deleting of the sieve tree was added in
2.1.4.  You'll either have to upgrade or clean it up by hand.  Note that
if you're using fulldirhash that you'll have to grab user.c from CVS or
apply a small 1 line patch.

Software Engineer     21 Princeton Place
716-662-8973 x26      Orchard Park, NY 14127