virtual domains in Cyrus 2.2

Ken Murchison ken at oceana.com
Fri Jan 24 19:59:36 EST 2003

marc.bigler at day.com wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Is there any documentation around on how to use the virual domains feature
> which is available in Cyrus 2.2 from CVS ? If no, could maybe someone tell
> me how do I enable this ?

If you have the 2.2 code, its doc/install-virtdomains.html (linked from
doc/install.html).  Otherwise, you get get it from CVSweb:
http://bugzilla.andrew.cmu.edu/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/~checkout~/src/cyrus/doc/Attic/install-virtdomains.html?rev=1.1.2.5&content-type=text/html&hideattic=0

The document is still a little sparse.  I haven't touched this doc in
quite a while and need to get back to it soon.

> Another question regarding this feature, from the MTA point of view does
> that mean that the MTA needs to pass the account name as the full email
> address (user at domain.tld) ? I am asking this because then I will need to
> change my virtualuser table and such, right ?

Yes, you need the fully qualified username passed in RCPT TO.  Users in
the defaultdomain (if configured) can be passed unqualified.

Software Engineer     21 Princeton Place
716-662-8973 x26      Orchard Park, NY 14127