Conversion

Robert Scussel rscuss at omniti.com
Fri Jan 31 11:01:54 EST 2003

Hello,

   I have been looking for information that might be able to help me in
a task that I am tasked to undertake, and can't find much useful
information on. Any help would be appreciated.

I am trying to convert a server running qmail to run exim -> cyrus. I am
quite familiar with the exim-> cyrus, but I am having trouble moving the
mail in <user>/Maildir/ to the new cyrus user mail files. Searches bring
up things such as mbxcvt, and also redelivering messages to cyrus, but I
can't find clear documentation on any of this. I would suppose I could
set up the exim, and do an  "exim local_part at domain < emailmessage" for
each message in a user's inbox, but there seems that there should be a
better way.

Any information that I could get would be appreciated, and I will
document the entire procedure from start to finish for anyone who wishes
to attempt the same thing.

Thanks,
Robert Scussel
1024D/BAF70959/0036 B19E 86CE 181D 0912  5FCC 92D8 1EA1 BAF7 0959