looking for Cyrus mail format documentation

Brian brianb at sboss.net
Tue Feb 4 08:25:35 EST 2003

Phil Howard said:

> What's curious to me is how, with a Maildir format, that IMAP could be
> implemented to retain that state without either storing some extra data
> or updating the files in place.

Maildir has seperate folders that contain the state of a message (cur,
new, tmp) where cyrus has indexes in each directory, right?  Six of one,
half dozen of the other.

Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't see how an IMAP server that uses
maildir would offer you any advantages in this regard that Cyrus wouldn't.

--
Brian