Case sensitve user/mailbox names

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at cox.net
Tue Feb 4 10:30:31 EST 2003

Pål Olsen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've just implemented a new mail platform using Cyrus IMAPd 2.1.11 and Exim
> 4.12, and I wonder... how to deal with the fact that systems don't allways
> do want you expect..?
>
> It seem to me that exim/cyrus has problem with delivery of mail if the
> mail-address are written in another case than the mailbox-name... E.g. user
> fridao at mydomain can't receive mail if the sender uses mail-address
> Fridao at mydomain. How should I deal with that?

I have a router like this in my Exim 4.1x setup talking to Cyrus (at the
appropriate place in the sequence, i.e. just before your Cyrus deliver
router):

lowercase_local:
   driver = redirect
   domains = +local_domains
   redirect_router = local
   data = ${lc:${local_part}}

with the Cyrus delivery router being named "local".