imapd's hang when maxchild count is reached

Sebastian Hagedorn Hagedorn at uni-koeln.de
Wed Feb 5 17:38:34 EST 2003

-- "Stephen L. Ulmer" <ulmer at ufl.edu> is rumored to have mumbled on
Mittwoch, 5. Februar 2003 16:57 Uhr -0500 regarding Re: imapd's hang when
maxchild count is reached:

> Hmmm... what does Sendmail do?  It's got lots of children, but still
> manages to refuse connections when it gets busy (RefuseLA)...  I kinda
> like that behavior.

Yes, but there are potential problems with it. I'm currently in discussion
with Claus Assmann and the Red Hat support. 8.12.7 under Advanced Server
has in several cases apparently lost signals in this situation. As a
consequence sendmail permanently stopped accepting connections after
delaying them ...
--
Sebastian Hagedorn M.A. - RZKR-R1 (Flachbau), Zi. 18, Robert-Koch-Str. 10
Zentrum für angewandte Informatik - Universitätsweiter Service RRZK