Strange sieve problem....

Chris Scott chris at hostorlando.tv
Sun Feb 2 13:50:26 EST 2003

Chris Scott wrote:

<snip>

> Does anyone have suggestions for what to look at next?

Sorry for replying to myself but I have more info. on this.  The server
I have where sieve is working is version is v1.1.0 (compiled from imap
2.1.5) and the latest where it is not working is v2.1.11.  The following
change was made in timesieved/parser.c to the cmd_authenticate command:

602a636
 >       int r;
608c642,648
<       mboxlist_detail(inboxname, &type, &server, NULL, NULL, NULL);
---
 >       r = mboxlist_detail(inboxname, &type, &server, NULL, NULL, NULL);
 >
 >       if(r) {
 > 	  /* mboxlist_detail error */
 > 	  *errmsg = "mailbox unknown";
 > 	  return FALSE;
 >       }

In my case, r is IMAP_MAILBOX_NONEXISTENT.  It looks like the problem is
that mboxlist_detail expects an internal mailbox name but it is being
passed an external mailbox name.

The fix looks to be using mboxname_hiersep_tointernal() on the inboxname
before passing it so mboxlist_detail.  Can someone familiar w/the code
confirm this?

Thanks,
Chris Scott