procmail & cyrus-imap looping

Jim Worke jimworke at inbox.lv
Sat Feb 1 18:36:13 EST 2003

Hi list,

Recently I have a problem and I don't know how to troubleshoot it.  The error
seems to be with procmail to cyrus-imap as shown in the error below:

Folder:  (formail -r -I"Subject: Delivery failure notice" \     -A"X   180663
procmail: Error while writing to "/usr/libexec/cyrus/deliver-wrapper"

B6ut it keeps on trying to send to the MAILER-DAEMON@<mydomain> until the load
average went up to 3.  I've already set the MAILER-DAEMON to a real mailbox
and usually that mailbox can receive delivery failure notices.  I've checked
that the mailbox is not overquota (way below quota).

How do I troubleshoot on the problem?  All I can do is to look at the log, but
I don't know what causes the Error while writing to
"/usr/libexec/cyrus/deliver-wrapper".  It happens after a few days of running
the mail server (and it works as intended for those few days).

Thank you.