No way to get access via IMAP : REALLY NOTHING WORKS!

Henrique de Moraes Holschuh hmh at debian.org
Mon Feb 3 06:07:09 EST 2003

On Mon, 03 Feb 2003, Simon Matter wrote:
> > I don't get the WHOLE SOFTWARE work more verbosely.
> > No efficient links by google.

"Debian" "Cyrus" "2.1" will give you good results in the first *3* hits.
The newest place to get the packages is in http://people.debian.org/~hmh/

> > DOCS don't mention troubles!

Oh, they do.  They do, indeed.  At least the ones in Debian.  I doubt they
mention ALL trouble you can get into, but the Debian ones state very clearly
that you shall not even bother with Cyrus before you get SASL right, which
you didn't yet :(

> > Using postfix: and debian 2.2.19pre17.

There is no such a thing. 2.2.19pre17 is the Linux kernel (and a VERY old
one at that, switch to 2.4.18 or 2.4.20 with XFS for much better Cyrus
performance).  You should use Debian 3.0r1 ("Woody") and the backported
cyrus 2.1 + new sasl packages.

> Debian? Why don't you install Henrique's .deb packages?

I suppose he didn't know of them :)

  Henrique Holschuh