Issues with Install

Simon Brady simon.brady at otago.ac.nz
Tue Feb 4 21:42:32 EST 2003

On Tue, 4 Feb 2003, lists wrote:

> I am using redhat 8.0 and I get this error
> [cyrus at imap tools]$ ./mkimap
> reading configure file...
> done

Have you set the 'configdirectory' parameter in your /etc/imapd.conf file?
It looks like mkimap isn't seeing one, so it's trying to use an empty
string instead. This will also explain messages such as

> Feb  4 20:55:26 imap ctl_cyrusdb[15487]: DBERROR db4:
> /var/imap/db/__db.001: No such file or directory

(in this case master is trying to use /var/imap as the config directory).

As well as this there are other things in imapd.conf you need to set -
the imapd.conf manpage is a must-read for this.

Simon Brady                             mailto:simon.brady at otago.ac.nz
ITS Technical Services
University of Otago, Dunedin, New Zealand