cyradm not working on a working cyrus /2.1.112.1.12

Steve Huston huston at astro.Princeton.EDU
Wed Feb 5 10:56:48 EST 2003

On Wed, 5 Feb 2003, Grosswiler Roger wrote:
> As on version 2.1.11 i get cyrus up und running without any problem -
> except cyradm. A call of cyradm brings out the mentionned error msg. if i
> copy shell.pm in the path, a new prompt line results, nothing happens at
> all.
> Does anybody know about this issue? Is there another possibility to
> administer the cyrus mailboxes?
> error msg:
> Shell.pm not found @INC .... (followed by the path list...)
> System: Redhat 8.0
> Sasl: 2.1.11
> Berkeley DB: db4 /db4 devel

Perl is probably installed in /usr/lib/perl5, but 'make install' for Cyrus
IMAPD put things in /usr/local/lib/perl5.

My solution was to 'cp -R' the whole thing over the first time, and the next
time I installed I just symlinked /usr/local/lib/perl5 to /usr/lib/perl5, so
the files would start out in the right place.  This worked fine.

I also had to remove one of the SASL RPMs, I think using CRAM-MD5 libs or
something, or else plaintext passwords would timeout every time (it was trying
CRAM first, timing out, then using plaintext).  Something else complained that
it was required, but whatever it was I didn't need anyway :>

--
Steve Huston - Unix Systems Administrator, Dept. of Astrophysical Sciences
 Princeton University  |     ICBM Address: 40.346525   -74.651285