cyrus 2.2 and virtual domain resolution

Ken Murchison ken at oceana.com
Thu Feb 6 12:27:23 EST 2003

Ilya wrote:

> I have strange issues with virtualdomains.
> Some background:
> Freebsd 4.7
> hostname is defaultdomain.com, and running "hostname" command returns defaultdomain.com
> in imapd.conf
> virtdomains: yes
> defaultdomain: defaultdomain.com
>
> I am using mysqlauxprop which runs this SQL statement: select password from xxx
> where user=%u and domain=%r
> some additional domains I have are example1.com example2.com example3.com
>
> when I login to pop3 or imap as "user" which belongs to example1.com the log
> shows:
> select password from xxx where user=user and domain=com
> Of course login fails.

Read doc/install-virtdomains.html.  The code strips the first part of
the hostname assuming that it is the local host part, leaving the rest
as the domain (eg, hostname=www.xxx.yyy.zzz => domain=xxx.yyy.zzz).
Setting the hostname of your machine to the actual domainname won't
work.  Is there a good reason why you're doing this?  If so, then I'd be
happy to accept a patch which will work in both cases.

Software Engineer     21 Princeton Place
716-662-8973 x26      Orchard Park, NY 14127