informing users about quotas

John Alton Tamplin jtampli at sph.emory.edu
Mon Feb 10 09:37:34 EST 2003

Eric.Doutreleau at int-evry.fr wrote:

>What is your custom delivery program?
>I'm interested in that kind of solution but i didn't found yet a deliver
>program for postfix that use lmtp and can add the ignorequota option.

It is a small perl program that uses Net::LMTP (hacked to support
authentication and the ignorequota option), which also does things like
strip nulls and reformat envelope from addresses that contain quotes.
 I'll be happy to send it and the patches to Net::LMTP if you are
interested.  Beware since it uses a TCP socket rather than a Unix socket
authentication is required and performance is slightly impacted.  It
also has code to proxy the LMTP connection to multiple destination mail
servers, which we used along with perdition to transition accounts one
at a time.

--
John A. Tamplin                               Unix System Administrator
Emory University, School of Public Health     +1 404/727-9931