procmail revisited

Louis LeBlanc leblanc+cyrus at keyslapper.org
Mon Feb 10 15:31:04 EST 2003

On 02/10/03 10:28 AM, Brandon High sat at the `puter and typed:
> On Sat, 2003-02-08 at 21:21, Louis LeBlanc wrote:
> > Anyway, I have procmail being called from sendmail using the
> > following:
> >=20
> > define(`CYRUS_MAILER_FLAGS',`SA5@|:/w')
> > define(`CYRUS_MAILER_PATH',`/usr/local/bin/procmail')
> > define(`CYRUS_MAILER_USER',`cyrus:mail')
> >=20
> > define(`CYRUS_MAILER_ARGS',`procmail -Y -m /etc/procmailrc $u $h')
> > define(`CYRUS_MAILER_MAX',`eval(5*1024*1024)')
>=20
> I'm using sendmail -> procmail -> SpamAssassin -> deliver as well... I
> set up sendmail with the following:
>=20
> define(`LOCAL_MAILER_FLAGS',`SPhnu9')
> define(`LOCAL_MAILER_ARGS',`procmail -Y -m $h $f $u')
> FEATURE(local_procmail,/usr/local/bin/procmail)
>=20
> In other words, sendmail doesn't know a thing about Cyrus. It just uses
> procmail for local delivery.
>=20
> My /etc/procmailrc contains:
> DROPPRIVS=3D1
> COMSAT=3Dno
> PATH=3D/usr/local/bin:/tools/bin:$PATH
> SHELL=3D/bin/bash
> DELIVER=3D"/usr/cyrus/bin/deliver -e -a $LOGNAME -m user.$LOGNAME"
> DEFAULT=3D"$DELIVER"
>=20
> :0 fhw
> | formail -I 'From '
>=20
> :0fw: /tmp/${LOGNAME}spamassassin.lock
> * < 256000
> | spamc
>=20
> :0w
> | $DELIVER
>  -B

Thank you so much for your response Brandon!  This is exactly what
I've been looking for.  Closer than I've seen yet, anyway.

Just a couple questions, you call procmail from sendmail using the $h,
$f, and $u variables.  I understand $u is the logname, or username,
and $h is the plussed address extension, but what is $f?  I've looked
for some explanation of these variables in the sendmail docs, but
can't find it.

Also, are you able to use user specific spamassassin settings?  This
is the one goal that set me on this quest in the first place.  Of
course simplifying my sendmail config is looking more attractive too.
I noticed you set DROPPRIVS=3D1.  I did the same in my /etc/procmailrc,
and procmail logs a message saying it is assuming the identity of the
recipient, but SA still uses the global configs and whitelists - which
I really want to eliminate in favor of a ~/.spamassassin/ config for
each user.

Thanks a million!
Lou
--=20
Louis LeBlanc               leblanc at keyslapper.org
http://www.keyslapper.org                     =D4=BF=D4=AC

QOTD:
  Some people have one of those days.  I've had one of those lives.