cyrus-imspd-v1.6a3 Solaris 8 (sparc): gcc or cc

John A. Tamplin jtampli at sph.emory.edu
Mon Feb 10 22:41:41 EST 2003

Gloria Rom wrote:

>Do I *have* to use gcc to compile cyrus-imspd-v1.6a3 on Solaris 8
>(sparc)?
>
>Has anybody used /opt/SUNWspro/bin/cc (Forte 6 update 2) instead of gcc?

I haven't tried imspd, but there were a couple of minor edits required
to use SUNWspro rather than gcc for imapd.  The auto-generated SNMP
files which have stubs for non-SNMP have variable arguments in macros
which is a gcc extension, so I changed it from (I don't remember the
exact functions) #define func(aaa,...) to #define func 0 && so that it
would ignore the arguments.  However, the enum constants are still
needed, so I also had to move them from the SNMP section to the outer
level and do away with the typedef voids.

I don't know what trouble you are having, but it should be trivial
modifications to get it to work with a stock ANSI C compiler.

--
John A. Tamplin
Unix Systems Administrator