Eudora 5.2 and attachments

Jim Howell jwh2 at cornell.edu
Tue Feb 11 10:39:35 EST 2003

Hi,
	We are having some difficultly with Eudora 5.2 and attachments.  What
happens is that the user gets a mailfile that's supposed to have an
attachment but Eudora doesn't show an attachment.  This doesn't happen all
the time, just some of the time.  This is with Cyrus 2.1.11 on a Solaris 8
system.  The interesting thing is that this only happens if the user reads
their mail via MAP, if they are using POP they see the attachment.  This is
repeatable....  Qualcomm says it is a problem with Eudora 5.1 and earilier
clients in the way that they compose the headers.  Is there anything I can
do on the server side to help this?  Has anyone else seen this?  Thanks.
Jim