MS Entourage crashing.

Eric S. Pulley eric at hamparts.com
Tue Feb 11 13:11:02 EST 2003

Okay I'm at the end of my rope.  If I can't get this fixed I have to
switch MS Exchange...

When sending a message the client is doing one of the following 10% of
the time.
	Application has unexpectedly quit.
	this dialog

	"Error
		The server returned the following error
		Unable to add message to IMAP mailbox. The corresponding local
		folder will be used instead."

I know that the problem is occurring when the client is posting the
message to the INBOX.Sent folder on the server.  But no server side
error of any kind are showing up.  Telemetry logs show the client
fetching all the UIDs in the Sent folder the logging out.  Why it
fetches all the UID for sorting them on the client I don't know why it
does that instead of using SORT...

I've only got 30 people using this mail server so I doubt it has
anything to do with load.

Possibly a mailboxlist db timing issue?  Should I switch to skiplist?

The Client:
Entourage v.X sr1 (10.1.1 build 2418) and previous versions of v.X

The Server:
cyrus-imap 2.1.11 & 12
IMAP4 IMAP4rev1 ACL QUOTA LITERAL+ MAILBOX-REFERRALS NAMESPACE UIDPLUS
ID NO_ATOMIC_RENAME UNSELECT CHILDREN MULTIAPPEND SORT
THREAD=ORDEREDSUBJECT THREAD=REFERENCES IDLE STARTTLS AUTH=LOGIN
AUTH=PLAIN AUTH=DIGEST-MD5 AUTH=CRAM-MD5 LISTEXT LIST-SUBSCRIBED

mboxlist-db=db3
duplicate-db=db3
seen-db=flat
subs-db=flat