MS Entourage crashing.

Ken Murchison ken at oceana.com
Tue Feb 11 14:18:43 EST 2003

"Eric S. Pulley" wrote:

> Okay I'm at the end of my rope.  If I can't get this fixed I have to
> switch MS Exchange...
>
> When sending a message the client is doing one of the following 10% of
> the time.
>         Application has unexpectedly quit.
>         this dialog
>
>         "Error
>                 The server returned the following error
>                 Unable to add message to IMAP mailbox. The corresponding local
>                 folder will be used instead."
>
> I know that the problem is occurring when the client is posting the
> message to the INBOX.Sent folder on the server.  But no server side
> error of any kind are showing up.  Telemetry logs show the client
> fetching all the UIDs in the Sent folder the logging out.  Why it
> fetches all the UID for sorting them on the client I don't know why it
> does that instead of using SORT...

Does it ever try an APPEND?  I wonder if the client is not liking what
it sees as far as UIDs.  Can you post the telemetry log?

BTW, I'd be surprised if the client supported SORT.  The only client
that I'm aware of that support SORT/THREAD are c-client based (Pine,
PHP) and Mulberry.  If you know otherwise, please let us know.
Software Engineer     21 Princeton Place
716-662-8973 x26      Orchard Park, NY 14127