Vacation for non-existant users?

Stephen L. Ulmer ulmer at ufl.edu
Thu Feb 13 16:40:33 EST 2003

 "tarjei" == Tarjei Huse <tarjei at nu.no> writes:

  >> I would do this in the MTA. If you're using Sendmail, look at
  >> cf/README.  There is an example of exactly what you want to do
  >> there
  >> -- I believe it can be implemented in either the access map or
  >>    the
  >> virtusertable (or maybe both).

  tarjei> Darn, postfix :)

Hmmm.. well it appears that you're supposed to do this with a
FEATURE(`redirect') in Sendmail.  I probably would have just put in a
virtusertable map that user the "error:" prefix...

Here is the relevant paragraph from the Sendmail docs, if you can get
postfix to reply with this SMTP error on a 'RCPT' verb that contains
the moved address, you're home free.

,----
| redirect        Reject all mail addressed to "address.REDIRECT" with
|                 a ``551 User has moved; please try <address>'' message.
|                 If this is set, you can alias people who have left
|                 to their new address with ".REDIRECT" appended.
`----

If you want more help with this, we should take it out-of-band.  We're
now off-topic for this list. ;)

Regards,

Stephen L. Ulmer                              ulmer at nersp.nerdc.ufl.edu
Senior Systems Programmer                         http://www.ulmer.org/
Northeast Regional Data Center                      VOX: (352) 392-2061
University of Florida                               FAX: (352) 392-9440