Slow connections to imapd *Urgent*

Peter Lawler green_eggs_and_spam at six-by-nine.com.au
Sun Feb 16 17:01:03 EST 2003

Roland Pope wrote:
> [...]
<snip>

> DNS lookups are frequently the cause of this sort of problem. I would make
> sure you can access DNS from the server, and that you can resolve the IP
> addresses of the incoming clients.
>
> Roland

Yeah, this was my thought when I read the original post.

The poster may like to check their patching levels. You may also wish to
try truss(1)ing the master process with timestamping and tracing forks,
only after it's slowed down (to reduce noise in the logfile), to see
where things are slowing up.

Pete.