compiling error - cannot find -lssl

Mark Wessel mark_wessel at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 17 19:20:31 EST 2003

After replacing 'configure.in' with the latest version, and running
'./configure' without any errors, I can no longer run 'make depend'

Error message after running 'make depend':

cd .; rm -f config.cache; autoconfig
/bin/sh: line 1: autoconf: command not found
make: *** [configure] Error 127

Some details: I'm building imapd-2.1.12 on RedHat 8.0
I think I've correctly installed all the dependencies.

It must be my shallow knowledge of Linux getting me into trouble again.