compiling error - cannot find -lssl

Simon Brady simon.brady at otago.ac.nz
Mon Feb 17 20:05:18 EST 2003

On Mon, 17 Feb 2003, Mark Wessel wrote:

> After replacing 'configure.in' with the latest version, and running
> './configure' without any errors, I can no longer run 'make depend'
>
> Error message after running 'make depend':
>
> cd .; rm -f config.cache; autoconfig
> /bin/sh: line 1: autoconf: command not found
> make: *** [configure] Error 127

That's OK, you just need to install autoconf (the tool that parses
configure.in and creates a new configure script). It'll be available as an
RPM on the RedHat CDs (if it's already installed, then make sure it's in
your path).

However, if you're relatively new to Linux then a better option might be
to install Cyrus directly from the RPMs that contributors to this list
have created. I don't run Cyrus on Linux myself, so I'm not sure whether
the RPMs will work on RH8, but a troll through the list archives should
answer that question.

Simon Brady                             mailto:simon.brady at otago.ac.nz
ITS Technical Services
University of Otago, Dunedin, New Zealand