EXITCODE=65 from deliver called thru procmail?

Louis LeBlanc leblanc+cyrus at keyslapper.org
Mon Feb 17 16:57:27 EST 2003

Hey all.  I'm having some trouble with delivery using a new
sendmail/procmail/deliver scheme.

Everything seems to go fine up to the call to deliver.  procmail is
executing as the recipient uid (running in explicit delivery mode) and
calling deliver at the end of processing.

This is how deliver is being called from ~/.procmailrc:

:0 w
* FOLDER ?? .
| /usr/local/cyrus/bin/deliver -q -m "$FOLDER" -- "$LOGNAME"

# Only if there was no extension do we try this
:0 wE
| /usr/local/cyrus/bin/deliver -q -- "$LOGNAME"

# Whichever one we tried, failed
EXITCODE =3D $?
HOST

This is what shows up in the procmail log:

procmail: Executing "/usr/local/cyrus/bin/deliver,-q,--,leblanc"
procmail: Program failure (65) of "/usr/local/cyrus/bin/deliver"
procmail: Assigning "LASTFOLDER=3D/usr/local/cyrus/bin/deliver -q -- lebl=
anc"
procmail: Assigning "EXITCODE=3D65"
procmail: Assigning "HOST"

I vaguely remember seeing exitcode discussed here, but I'm not sure.
It isn't discussed in the deliver manpage at all either.

I don't think it can have anything to do with being called as the
recipient, because I've run tests where I save a message to a flat
file then pipe it directly into the call as above.  No problems.

Anyone have any ideas?

TIA
Lou
--=20
Louis LeBlanc               leblanc at keyslapper.org
http://www.keyslapper.org                     =D4=BF=D4=AC

Reisner's Rule of Conceptual Inertia:
  If you think big enough, you'll never have to do it.