imap: only allow 1 request per n minutes ?

pilsl at goldfisch.at pilsl at goldfisch.at
Wed Feb 19 12:34:09 EST 2003

Like everywhere else we have the problem that many users set the
fetch-interval on their mailclient to one minute (or even below with
croned fetchmails).

I'd like to restrict access to max. 1 fetch per 5 minutes or so. Is
there any feature in cyrus imapd ? Or any third-party-application that
might help.

What I'd also like to have (but now I just start dreaming around :) is
that this restriction can by bypassed a few times a day. If users are
really waiting for a very important email, they should be able to
query the server more often, but only a few times a day or so.

thnx,
peter

--
mag. peter pilsl