multiple problems with imsp

Ben Poliakoff benp at reed.edu
Wed Feb 19 19:13:47 EST 2003

I've tried this before (on your advise in the archives of this list)...

When I try that (benp.foo) I get an error like this in the telemetry
logs:

a OK User `benp' Logged in
A00002 CREATEADDRESSBOOK .benp.foo
A00002 NO User 'benp' not permitted to create address book '.benp.foo'
* BYE IMSP server exiting (probably out of memory)

Is this a namespace thing?

Ben

* Cyrus Daboo <daboo at cyrusoft.com> [030219 16:00]:
> Hi Ben,
>
> --On Wednesday, February 19, 2003 3:15 PM -0800 Ben Poliakoff
> <benp at reed.edu> wrote:
>
> | a OK User `benp' Logged in
> | A00002 CREATEADDRESSBOOK .foo
> | A00002 NO User 'benp' not permitted to create address book '.foo'
>
> This isn't going to work even if the server itself is working. By default
> users are only allowed to create personal address books, and under the IMSP
> naming scheme that means address books with the user id as a prefix. i.e.
> you should have been able to create 'benp.foo'. Using '.' at the start of
> the name is also going to be a problem given that that character is the
> hierarchy separator character, and you can't start with a 'null' level of
> hierarchy.
>
> --
> Cyrus Daboo

Ben Poliakoff                                       email: <benp at reed.edu>
Reed College                                          tel:  (503)-788-6674
Unix System Administrator      PGP key: http://www.reed.edu/~benp/key.html