Core from lmtp, postfix 2.0.3 and Cyrus-SASL 2.1.12, Solaris 8

Andrew McNamara andrewm at object-craft.com.au
Thu Feb 20 06:01:29 EST 2003

>I upgraded a previously working postfix from cyrus-sasl-2.1.7 to
>cyrus-sasl-2.1.12, and while SASL works fine for smtpd, the lmtp process
>dumps core within the SASL libraries. The resulting core isn't really
>useful because I'm not getting any symbols resolved from the sasl lib..

Sigh - SASL was picking up the plugins from the 2.1.7 build. Once the
install tree was cleaned and the 2.1.12 plugins put in the right place,
it's now working like a bought one.

The missing symbols in the sasl lib were being caused by a prehistoric
gdb build. A new build of gdb got three "fatal" internal errors while
starting, but gave me enough information to suspect the API had changed.

http://www.object-craft.com.au/