Cyrus file locking issues

John C. Amodeo amodeo at admin.rutgers.edu
Thu Feb 20 11:47:26 EST 2003

Rob & Scott,

We've run into this problem on Linux and it was determined glibc was most
likely the problem.  John Wade wrote a file locking patch for 2.0.16 that has
worked for us flawlessly for about a year now.  Its really saved us from a
situation where we had to restart the Cyrus server every night.  I promised
him lunch & and beer if he's ever in the area...

Check here: http://servercc.oakton.edu/~jwade/cyrus/readme.html

-John