Advice on transition

John Lederer john at jhml.org
Fri Feb 21 09:56:32 EST 2003

I currently have an olde version of cyrus working:

name       : Cyrus
version    : v2.0.16
vendor     : Project Cyrus
support-url: http://asg.web.cmu.edu/cyrus
os         : Linux
os-version : 2.4.18-4GB
environment: Cyrus SASL 1.5.27
             Sleepycat Software: Berkeley DB 4.0.14: (November 18, 2001)
             OpenSSL 0.9.6c [engine] 21 dec 2001
name       : Cyrus IMAPD
version    : v2.1.9 2002/08/30 18:40:23
vendor     : Project Cyrus
support-url: http://asg.web.cmu.edu/cyrus
os         : Linux
os-version : 2.4.19-4GB
environment: Cyrus SASL 2.1.7
             Sleepycat Software: Berkeley DB 4.0.14: (September  9, 2002)
             OpenSSL 0.9.6g [engine] 9 Aug 2002
             CMU Sieve 2.2
             DRAC
             mmap = shared
             lock = fcntl
             nonblock = fcntl
             auth = unix
             idle = poll
             mboxlist.db = skiplist
             subs.db = flat
             seen.db = flat
             duplicate.db = db3-nosync
             tls.db = db3-nosync

There are about 150 users and 4 Gbytes of mail on the server.

I have built a newer version on a different box:

name       : Cyrus IMAPD
version    : v2.1.9 2002/08/30 18:40:23
vendor     : Project Cyrus
support-url: http://asg.web.cmu.edu/cyrus
os         : Linux
os-version : 2.4.19-4GB
environment: Cyrus SASL 2.1.7
             Sleepycat Software: Berkeley DB 4.0.14: (September  9, 2002)
             OpenSSL 0.9.6g [engine] 9 Aug 2002
             CMU Sieve 2.2
             DRAC
             mmap = shared
             lock = fcntl
             nonblock = fcntl
             auth = unix
             idle = poll
             mboxlist.db = skiplist
             subs.db = flat
             seen.db = flat
             duplicate.db = db3-nosync
             tls.db = db3-nosync

I am using PAM ldap on both boxes.

I need to:
1. Move one test users existing email over from the old box to the new
box for testing purposes
2. Move everyone's email over from the old box to the new box

I don't think I understand the best way to do this.  Could someone
either outline the procedure or point me to  documentation.  What I saw
in the cyrus docs didn't seem to help a lot for this, but perhaps I was
looking in the wrong place.

Many thanks for any advice.

John Lederer