2.2 stable release (again)

Dmitry Alyabyev gw-cyrus at news.kiev.sovam.com
Mon Feb 24 06:13:37 EST 2003

Hello

According to previous postings - is there any changes in roadmap of 2.2 release?

--
Dimitry

Subject: Re: 2.2 stable release
 From: Rob Siemborski <rjs3 <at> andrew.cmu.edu>
 Date: Sat, 11 Jan 2003 15:51:14 -0500 (EST)
 Cc: marc.bigler <at> day.com, <info-cyrus <at> andrew.cmu.edu>

On Sat, 11 Jan 2003, Ken Murchison wrote:

> IIRC, Rob is targeting sometime in February.  I've been real busy with
> my regular job, so I haven't had much time to tie up the remaining
> virtdomain and NNTP loose ends (mostly documentation and utilities), but
> I hope to have it done whenever Rob (and possibly Jen with the Sieve
> bytecode stuff) are ready.
>
> FWIW, I've been running the 2.2 code (virtdomains: no) since I started
> working on it (6 months ago) without any problems.

Yeah, late february sounds about right, though no guarantees, there's a
number of things left to do.

We are most likely going to go with the sieve bytecode stuff (which I'd
consider early alpha-quality in the sieve-bytecode branch at this point).

The other biggie is IPv6 support, which requires some thought about how to
do some things with master (basically, do we want master to link
libcyrus).

Also misc cleanups/stability stuff (e.g. code to convert scripts ->
bytecode, stability testing, etc)

-Rob