"seen" flag for multiple users // cyrus and procmail

Heinz Ulrich Stille hus at design-d.de
Wed Feb 26 04:24:29 EST 2003

On Tuesday 25 February 2003 18:02, Kristian Rink wrote:
> the archive of this list, it is not possible in cyrus (in IMAP?) to have
> a general "seen" flag for mails or mailboxes so this way it is
> impossible for any user who is able to read mail in the shared
> mailboxes to find out whether or not anyone else already has read

I've got a similar solution. So far my solution was to create a special user
account which everyone uses in addition to their own. But then there is only
one "deleted" flag; if one user deletes a mail the others don't see it at all.

Now I'm looking for a way to have a per-user "deleted" flag, but keeping the
users from "expunging" that mailbox and do it automatically when everyone has
marked a mail as deleted.

What I really want is: a global "seen", per-user "deleted", and automatic only
expunge...

MfG, Ulrich

--
Heinz Ulrich Stille / Tel.: +49-541-9400463 / Fax: +49-541-9400450
design_d gmbh / Lortzingstr. 2 / 49074 Osnabrück / www.design-d.de