Vacation and non-ASCII characters

Ken Murchison ken at oceana.com
Thu Feb 27 11:51:13 EST 2003

Ralf Haferkamp wrote:

> Hi,
>
> as the reason string of a vacation command in SIEVE is considered to be in
> UTF-8 in absence of the :mime Parameter (see the Internet Draft) wouldn't it
> be correct, to set the MIME-Version and Content-Type Headers accordingly,
> when sending then vacation response?

Its been a while since I looked at or worked on this part of the code,
but IIRC, the MIME headers are expected to be included as part of the
:mime response in the Sieve script.  In theory (and I've actually tested
it), the response doesn't have to be text, it could be a JPEG or
something, so hardcoding the content as text/plain is not a good idea.

Software Engineer     21 Princeton Place
716-662-8973 x26      Orchard Park, NY 14127