your mail

Geoff Soper geoff.cyrus at alphaworks.co.uk
Tue Dec 16 10:00:55 EST 2003

> On Sat, 13 Dec 2003, Geoff Soper wrote:
>
>> Given that I know the path of a Cyrus mailbox, is it possible to move a
>> mail into a sub-folder of this mailbox using a .procmailrc recipe?
>
> You can have procmail call the cyrus deliver program, but this is pretty
> inefficient. (it costs a fork for procmail and a fork for deliver [which
> just does an lmtp delivery], as opposed to just the re-use of an lmtpd
> process)
>
> Its almost always a better idea to use sieve.

OK, this filter would only be for me, not for any number of users on the
system so I'm not really worried about the loading, my mailbox isn't a
high-traffic affair! Could you point me in the right direction for each of
these solutions? I am only a user on the Cyrus installation, I don't have
any proper access to it, I do have a .procmailrc file and support have
told me the path to my mailbox.

Many thanks,
Geoff