lmtpd over tcp strange timeouts banner mixed with logs ?

Chris Stratford chriss at pipex.net
Mon Dec 1 06:40:19 EST 2003

On Sat, 2003-11-29 at 12:11, Gregor Bruhin wrote:

> What I noticed is that some log message "<185> connection from
> [234.234.234.234] preauth'd as postman" is shown before the banner on
> the same line !

> Am I the only one experiencing this problem (this happened with cyrus
> 2.1 and actual beta running on 4.8-STABLE FreeBSD SMP, multiple
> frontends sending mails over lmtp to this cyrus backend) ???

Have you recently restarted syslogd?  I've noticed that the syslog
messages seem to end up inside the TCP conversation rather than on a log
server after I've restarted syslogd, but had always assumed that it was
a quirk of our local setup.  Restarting Cyrus after restarting syslog
always made it go away.

    Chris.