auxprop mysql plugin

Christian Schulte cs at schulte.it
Wed Dec 3 14:14:37 EST 2003

> Try:
> pwcheck_method: auxprop
> auxprop_plugin: mysql
> mysql_hostnames: localhost
> mysql_user: db_user
> mysql_passwd: db_pass
> mysql_database: db_name
> mysql_statement: (as above)
>
> At least for recent versions of sasl2.
>
> MfG, Ulrich

Hi,

For sasl-2.1.17 it should look different, I think. This only works when
linking cyrus to sasl dynamically for me. When I try to link cyrus
--with-staticsasl as I did before with sasl-2.1.15 (which works out of
the box), no matter what I do, it won't find auxprop sql which it finds
if the plugins exist in /usr/lib/sasl2 what I do not want (that's why I
do it statically). I already checked if there are any missing symbols in
the binaries (..there seem to be...) and even doing it like

-Wl,-whole-archive /bla/libsasl2.a -Wl,-no-whole-archive

in the link, which adds the missing sql_auxprop_* symbols to the
resulting binaries, does not solve this.

pwcheck_method: auxprop
auxprop_plugin: sql
sql_engine: mysql
sql_hostnames: localhost