User creation - automatic subscriptions

Craig Ringer craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Thu Dec 4 07:13:59 EST 2003

> The user then needs to be subscribed to their mailboxes. This must be done
> logged in as the user - that is hard, I have no way of knowing their password.

This might be easily worked around using the ability of cyrus-SASL to
authenticate one set of credentials and authorize access to a different
user's resources. I don't think you can use cyradm, as it expects to be
an IMAP admin, but you may be able to do it with a simple perl IMAP client.

I've used this trick with mailutil (from the uw-imap project) to great
effect when migrating mailboxes from a previous IMAP system.

Craig Ringer