Cyrus IMSPd 1.6a4 and 1.7a Released

Scott Adkins adkinss at ohio.edu
Wed Dec 31 10:17:38 EST 2003

--On Friday, December 12, 2003 4:53 PM -0500 Cyrus Daboo
<daboo at cyrusoft.com> wrote:

> Hi Scott,
>
> --On Friday, December 12, 2003 3:10 PM -0500 Scott Adkins
> <adkinss at ohio.edu> wrote:
>
>| Are there changelogs for these releases?  I am particularly interested in
>| whether or not the SSL patches previously posted for IMSP has been rolled
>| in or not.  What is the difference between the 1.6 and 1.7 releases,
>| since they were both released at the same time?
>
> SSL (STARTTLS) is currently not in the v1.7a code-base, but I do plan on
> integrating our implementation in in the next few weeks. I suspect that
> will initially need to go out as a beta to get some thorough testing
> under load.
>
> --
> Cyrus Daboo

Hi Cyrus, I look forward to trying out your Beta version when it becomes
available.  Will it have similar support as the Cyrus IMAP server does?
What I mean is that just running "imspd" would allow the server to listen
only on port 406 with STARTTLS support.  Running "imspd -s" would allow
the server to listen only on port 906 and would negotiate an SSL session
as soon as the connection is made.

Currently, we are running "imspd" with plaintext support and running
stunnel to get the "imspd -s" support.  It would be nice to eliminate the
stunnel altogether and just running the IMSP server.

Another thing I would like to see is something that can be included in the
global options file to turn off plaintext logins on the port 406 and force
the use of STARTTLS if they are going to connect to that port.  This is how
Cyrus IMAP works with the imapd.conf file (i.e. "allowplaintext: no").

Finally, I have a patch that allows case insensitive address books.  Would
you be interested in it?  Before we switched to Cyrus IMSP, we were using
some other IMSP server (can't even remember now what it was, since it has
been so long ago).  If you would like to know more about that, let me know.

Thanks,
Scott
      Scott W. Adkins                http://www.cns.ohiou.edu/~sadkins/
   UNIX Systems Engineer                  mailto:adkinss at ohio.edu
        ICQ 7626282                 Work (740)593-9478 Fax (740)593-1944
     PGP Public Key available at http://www.cns.ohiou.edu/~sadkins/pgp/