DB4 ERROR DB_RUN... ?

Thomas Besold thomas.besold at freenet.de
Fri Dec 12 19:12:04 EST 2003

Hello,

>There are reports of problems with berkeley 4.0.14, although some folks
>still run this version with no problems.

Im not a cyrus-expert, i have configured a default-installation

my mailbox-format is like
/var/spool/imap/user/testuser^domain^com (unixhierarchysep)

I thought that is the cyrus-mailbox-format or not?

Is it berkley-db?

Berkley_db i thought is
/var/mail/user1
/var/mail/user2
or
/in/users/home/user1/mail/

???

Sorry for this question

>I do not think many people use
>berkeley db for mboxlist.
>
>I suggest that you switch to skiplist for mboxlist.  While you are at it
>upgrade cyrus-(imap|sasl) to the latest versions.

Yes, i use now cyrus-imapd-2.1.10 with virtual_user and virtual_domains.
I hope, if is possible to upgarde easy (and convert all mailboxes in the
new format, i have to make some tests befor) to cyrus-imapd-2.2. then i
would do this.

Best regards

Achim