DB4 ERROR DB_RUN... ?

Thomas Besold thomas.besold at freenet.de
Sat Dec 13 06:57:13 EST 2003

Hello,

>I am refering to Sleepycat Berkeley db.
>

>>Im not a cyrus-expert, i have configured a default-installation
>>
>>my mailbox-format is like
>>/var/spool/imap/user/testuser^domain^com (unixhierarchysep)
>>
>>I thought that is the cyrus-mailbox-format or not?
>>
>>Is it berkley-db?
>>
>>Berkley_db i thought is
>>/var/mail/user1
>>/var/mail/user2
>>or
>>/in/users/home/user1/mail/
>>

>No.  This is cyrus mailbox list database: /var/imap/mailboxes.db

Yes ihave this to.
 ll /var/imap/
insgesamt 11536
drwxr-xr-x    2 cyrus    mail         4096 Dez 12 01:52 db
drwx------    2 cyrus    mail           46 Feb 22  2003 db.backup1
drwx------    2 cyrus    mail           46 Feb 22  2003 db.backup2
-rw-------    1 cyrus    mail      1212416 Dez 13 12:17 deliver.db
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root         4693 Apr 12  2003
imap.com-gate.com_cert.pem
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root          887 Apr 12  2003
imap.com-gate.com_key.pem
drwxr-xr-x    2 cyrus    mail            6 Feb 17  2003 log
-rw-------    1 cyrus    mail        69632 Dez 13 12:17 mailboxes.db

But , did i use both formats ?
And if this so, could i disable berkeley-format ?

>>???
>>
>>Sorry for this question
>>

>>>I do not think many people use
>>>berkeley db for mboxlist.
>>>
>>>I suggest that you switch to skiplist for mboxlist.  While you are at it
>>>upgrade cyrus-(imap|sasl) to the latest versions.
>>>

>>Yes, i use now cyrus-imapd-2.1.10 with virtual_user and virtual_domains.
>>

>This is still a very old version of cyrus-imapd.  The latest release is
>2.1.16.

How often o have to update cyrus ?
This Version is now 12 monts old

best regards