Use of "@" how login in the name

Edward Rudd eddie at omegaware.com
Mon Dec 15 01:37:08 EST 2003

Yes you can..
But you must make sure you have the unixheirachysep set to true
in/etc/imapd.conf. And you have to make sure your backend has the users
stored with the appropriate realm, as you will be doing multi-realm
authentication.. The realm is everything after the @ sign.. I am
currently using this setup using the ldap auxprop plugin from openldap
2.1.x.  If you are using sasldb just make sure you add the users with
the correct realm.

saslpasswd2 -c -u mydomain.com username
will create a user entry for uername at mydomain.com

You also have to make sure your MTA can deliver to the mailbox
correctly.. This requires escaping the @ in the e-mail address when your
MTA sends it to the LMTP.. in postfix this is done by \\'ing the @ in
the virtual tables..
username at mydomain.com: username\\@mydomain.com
In reality postfix will add a @mylocalhostname to the end of that so the
end result will look like this
username at mydomain.com@mylocalhostname

Hope this helps get you started..
Search through the archives as this has been discussed before.. And
search the archives for you MTA of choice..

--
Edward Rudd <eddie at omegaware.com>
Home Page <http://urkle.drip.ws/>