Authenticating and authorizing as different users w/an MUA?

Igor Brezac igor at ypass.net
Mon Dec 15 21:01:29 EST 2003

On Mon, 15 Dec 2003, Wil Cooley wrote:

> On Mon, 2003-12-15 at 12:18, Igor Brezac wrote:
>
> > pine can do it.  Any c-client based client is capable of proxy
> > authorization.  php unfortunately does not export plain mech; a small
> > patch fixes this problem.  This php patch allows IMP to do proxy auth.
>
> I've looked through Pine's help system and configuration options and it
> isn't clear to me how to configure it; can you give me a hint?

Here is a sample server string:
{server/imap/norsh/tls/authuser=<authcid>/user=<authzid>}INBOX

authcid = authentication id <cyrus admin>
authzid = authorization id

The idea is for c-client to use the plain mech.  So, you need to turn
cram-md5 off on the cyrus server side and the session needs to run over
tls/ssl.

Hope this helps.

--
Igor