ipurge (mboxpattern problem)

telsey at starband.net telsey at starband.net
Tue Dec 23 12:16:47 EST 2003

Ok, the history of this problem is listed below, but now that I have a
good test lab up and working... I thought I would let everyone know what I
have found.

The problem is that ipurge doesn't seem to work when I specify a
mboxpattern, but if I don't specify a mboxpattern and run the script it
works flawlessly.

./ipurge -f -d 1   (this works but deletes mail from all folders)

./ipurge -f -d 1 user/%/mail/Trash   (doesn't work)
./ipurge -f -d 1 user/*/mail/Trash   (doesn't work)
./ipurge -f -d 1 user/telsey/mail/Trash at starburn.net    (doesn't work)

Has anyone else run into a problem with ipurge when specifying a
mboxpattern?  I have listed a sample of what ipurge returns when ./ipurge
-f -d 1 is executed.

[cyrus at lab-mstore bin]$ ./ipurge -f -d 1
Working on user/telsey at starburn.net...
total messages                   7
total bytes                      15896
Deleted messages                 0