Secure Password Authentication

Ken Murchison ken at oceana.com
Thu Dec 18 11:26:21 EST 2003

Andreas wrote:

> On Thu, Dec 18, 2003 at 04:02:25PM +0200, victor wrote:
>
>>How can I use cyrus and SPA.
>

> Use the ntlm sasl plugin. I tried it once with outlook express and
> it didn't work, though, and I didn't pursue it further.

What kind of errors were you getting?

It does work here (where I wrote it), and I believe other's have used it
as well.  You can use it with either the user's password stored in an
auxprop backend (e.g. sasldb2) or by proxying the auth to an NT/2K/Samba
server.

Software Engineer     21 Princeton Place
716-662-8973 x26      Orchard Park, NY 14127