Created mailboxes are not showing up.

Ken Murchison ken at oceana.com
Mon Dec 29 16:20:27 EST 2003

JLB wrote:

> On Mon, 29 Dec 2003, Tim Pushor wrote:
>

>>What mail client are you using? Is the user perhaps not subscribed to
>>those folders? Try checking their subscriptions.
>>

> ...how do I do that? And as for what mail client: SquirrelMail. :)

This would have to be set via some interface to c-client (e.g. PHP).

>>To be perfect honest (even though it is rather embarrasing) I don't
>>really understand subscriptions, even though I've been using Cyrus for
>>years ;-)
>

> I know perhaps one tenth as much about subscriptions as you do. ;)

Its a way for a client to select a subset of mailboxes that it finds
"interesting" and/or wants to display, in the same fashion that you
"subscribe" to newgroups.

>>I just had a little stint with Groupwise 5.5 via IMAP (using Mozilla
>>thunderbird) where the users were not subscribed to the folders, and
>>none showed up - In the advanced account settings unchecking 'show only
>>subscribed folders' made them show up.
>>

> Incidentally, I am also confused about quotas. I want to set a TOTAL quota
> for the ENTIRE USER, NOT a quota on each individual mailbox. I wish to
> basically say: OK, user X can have up to 10MB of storage in their Inbox,
> Sent, Drafts AND Trash all at once. NOT 10MB in Inbox, 10MB in Sent, 10MB
> in Drafts....
>
> Is there such a thing as a "sub-folder" or "sub-mailbox"?

Just set a quota on the user's INBOX (user.X) and it will do what you want.

Software Engineer     21 Princeton Place
716-662-8973 x26      Orchard Park, NY 14127