Created mailboxes are not showing up.

JLB jlb at twu.net
Tue Dec 30 11:52:34 EST 2003

On Tue, 30 Dec 2003, Rob Siemborski wrote:

> On Tue, 30 Dec 2003, JLB wrote:
>
> > > Pardon my confusion, your original message said that you were creating the
> > > mailboxes with cyradm/Cyrus::IMAP::Admin.
> > >

> > Correct; I am creating the mailboxes with cyradm/Cyrus::IMAP::Admin FOR
> > THE USE OF CLIENTS WHO USE SQUIRRELMAIL.
> >
> > Hope that clears that up. :)
>
> Right -- squirrelmail still needs them to subscribe to the folders.
>
> > > What mailbox name are you trying to create?
> >
> > A valid name. You know, like "asdfasdf". All letters, only a few
> > characters. I'm dense, but I'm not THAT dense. I tried many 'valid' names.
> > "testing", "asdfsadf", "fnord", "foobar"... I didn't try to create a
> > mailbox called "I at 5 * 5u2t/t 9898#" or anything ;)
>
> Unless you are using altnamespace, you probably want to create
> INBOX.whatever.

In the Folder Settings page of SquirrelMail's server configuration (i.e.
when you run "config/conf.pl" from the SquirrelMail base directory), it
specifies that the default folder 'prefix' is indeed INBOX.

Besides, do you actually think idiot end-lusers would be able to
understand the concept of "OK kids, every time you want to create a
folder, its name has to start with "INBOX" and then a dot." C'mon now. ;)

> > > Having the telemetry from the IMAP session would be very helpful. (create
> > > a directory in /var/imap/log with the appropriate username and make it
> > > writable by the cyrus user).
> >
> > And it'll just automagically start to log there?
>
> It should.

I've heard THAT one before ;) I will try though. :) Thanks for all your
help so far! :) :)

--
Jessica L. Blank, Systems Administrator, twu.net