OT: Mail delivery problems.

Oliver Jones oliver at deeper.co.nz
Mon Dec 29 21:04:24 EST 2003

This isn't entirely specific to Cyrus but I figured I'd ask here anyway
as it is related to my recent Cyrus install...

I've setup Cyrus with virtual domain support.  I've configured sendmail
8.12.10 on our server to deliver local mail to cyrus by doing this in
sendmail.mc:

MAILER(local)dnl

MAILER_DEFINITIONS
Mcyrusv2,       P=[IPC], F=lsDFMnqA5@/:|SmXz, E=\r\n,
                S=EnvFromSMTP/HdrFromSMTP, R=EnvToSMTP,
T=DNS/RFC822/X-Unix,
                A=FILE /usr/local/cyrus/var/lib/imap/socket/lmtp

For the Cyrus virtual domains I've added entries into
/etc/mail/mailertable like this:

example.com        cyrusv2:/usr/local/cyrus/var/lib/imap/socket/lmtp

I've also setup SMTP AUTH and SSL for sendmail.  And when I connect with
SMTP AUTH sendmail will relay and deliver my mail.

However when I do not use SMTP AUTH sendmail rejects my mail even if it
is addressed to someone at example.com.  It rejects with "Relaying Denied.
Proper authentication required."

Normally when I've had "Relaying denied" errors I've added the domain
into /etc/mail/local-host-names (for primary MX's) and it's worked fine.

However I did this and instead I got "User unknown" errors.  Which is
very odd because the address exists in the Cyrus store.

Though I have just noticed that I still had FEATURE(local_procmail...)
defined.  I've removed that now.  Would that have been the issue?

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards
2238