nntp fiddling

Amos Gouaux +archive.info-cyrus at utdallas.edu
Tue Dec 30 14:40:35 EST 2003

So, if I leave this imapd.conf setting blank, does that mean all
folders that I have access to via IMAP should appear as NNTP news
groups (authenticated login)?

     newsprefix: <none>
          Prefix to be prepended to newsgroup names to  make  the
          corresponding IMAP mailbox names.

Just fiddling around it seems as if I see everything except those
folders under "user.".  Is that correct?  I noticed some old posts
that indicated any folder should be viewable, but so far in my test
environment I'm not seeing that....  Mainly just curious.....

It's funny.  Ages ago I remember a friend going on about how cool
it was to read mail via nn.  Personally I couldn't get my head
around it, but now I'm playing with NNTP access to an IMAP server.
Funny how things go around like that, given enough time.....  (Of
course I'm posting this via Gnus, another news reader!  ;-)

--
Amos