Question on installing cyrus 2.1.16 on FreeBSD 4.9

Jason Williams jwilliams at courtesymortgage.com
Wed Dec 31 15:08:34 EST 2003

Hello everyone.

I was taking the advice suggested to me about getting started with
cyrus-imapd. Im basically downloading and compiling both cyrus-imapd and
sasl by hand, so I can get a feel for everything and learn it all. Of
course, I could use ports tree (which eventually I will) but that is sort
of the easy way out. I'd prefer to learn as I go.

Anyway, i've been reading over the documention on the cyrus web site and
have been following as suggested.

Anyway, I'm getting an error when I try and "make install". The error is
complaining about libacap.a in that it cannot find it:

### Making install in /tmp/cyrus-imapd-2.1.16/sieve
### Making install in /tmp/cyrus-imapd-2.1.16/acap
/usr/bin/install -c -m 644 libacap.a /usr/local/lib
install: libacap.a: No such file or directory
*** Error code 71

Stop in /tmp/cyrus-imapd-2.1.16/acap.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /tmp/cyrus-imapd-2.1.16.

I thought I had all the prereqs (sasl 2.0.17 is installed).

but im missing something.

Anyone have any idea what it could be? I checked the archives, found a few
people who had similar problems, but no resolutions were given.

I appreciate it.

Jason