(unknown)

Mike Allen mallen at familyradio.org
Wed Aug 27 14:57:48 EDT 2003

Ken:

For your information my hardware and software system is as follows:

Hardware -- Compaq ML350 with 4GB RAM and 128GB Raid 5 Raid array
            dual 2.2 GHz processors

Software -- FreeBSD 4.8-RELEASE-p4

What follows is the result of running imtest as you described.

> [mail2] ~> imtest -m plain -u cyrus -a cyrus -s localhost
> verify error:num=18:self signed certificate
> TLS connection established: TLSv1 with cipher AES256-SHA (256/256 bits)
> S: * OK mail2.familyradio.org Cyrus IMAP4 v2.1.12 server ready
> C: C01 CAPABILITY
> S: * CAPABILITY IMAP4 IMAP4rev1 ACL QUOTA LITERAL+ MAILBOX-REFERRALS
> NAMESPACE UIDPLUS ID NO_ATOMIC_RENAME UNSELECT CHILDREN MULTIAPPEND SORT
> THREAD=ORDEREDSUBJECT THREAD=REFERENCES IDLE STARTTLS AUTH=NTLM
> AUTH=LOGIN
> AUTH=PLAIN AUTH=DIGEST-MD5 AUTH=CRAM-MD5
> S: C01 OK Completed
> C: A01 AUTHENTICATE PLAIN
> S: +
> Please enter your password:
> C: Y3lydXMAY3lydXMAcHdyNHRvZGF5
> S: A01 NO no mechanism available
> Authentication failed. generic failure
> Security strength factor: 256
> . logout
> * BYE LOGOUT received
> . OK Completed
> Connection closed.

Thanks for your help.  I suspect I did something dumb in configuring
this machine. :(

Mike Allen